This warranty is combined with our Terms and Conditions document.
By purchasing a GFRC Designs product you agree to the Terms and Conditions and Warranty as document on our website.
GFRC Designs is not responsible for labour or installation charges, removal and/or disposal charges of existing bench tops or any other expenses associated with a defective product.
GFRC do not offer a refund, however we will replace, exchange, or repair a GFRC Designs product if found structurally defective only. Structural defects must be noticed within 1 day of installation as we cannot guarantee correct use of the product thereafter.
This warranty does not cover:
• edge chipping, surface damage caused by wear and tear, cracking or discolouration due to the product being subjected to high heat or damage caused by improper use or abuse including damage from mishandling or misuse, cracking around voids and cutouts, exposure to ultra violet light, damage from physical or chemical abuse and damage from improper care and maintenance including, but not limited to, damage caused by cleaning with abrasive substances
• use of the bench top for any commercial purpose
• damage/wear or discolouration to the countertop sealer
• general use wear and tear
• scratches or stains
• chemical damage
• damage due to cleaning products and improper care
• normal wear and tear over time
• damage to the product because it has been fabricated or installed in an improper manner or contrary to any specifications outlined by GFRC Designs
• any failures to bench tops or cabinetry due to inadequate support or un-level cabinetry for the installation
• the altering of any factory-applied finish
• additional modifications such as plumbing, electrical, tile, cabinets, flooring, etc. that may be necessary to repair or replace the GFRC Designs product covered under this warranty
• chipping or pinholes occurring during fabrication or through ongoing use
• areas prone to high wear, including but not limited to sinks, in built features, troughs
• hairline cracking during or after installation
• products that have not been paid in full
• UV damage including sealers and inset materials (for example, glow-in-the-dark faux stones) or fading of colours overtime
• routine maintenance and minor conditions such as stains, acid etching, revealing of pinholes, and water spots that are a function of proper care and maintenance and which may be corrected by following the techniques specified in the Care Guide
This warranty applies only to bench tops that have been permanently installed in residences and that have not been moved from original installations. Furniture is not covered under warranty.
Your warranty will become void if you:
• alter any factory-applied finish
• have the concrete cut, or changed in any way
• have the bench top worked on by a contractor other than a GFRC Designs member
• move the bench top from its initial GFRC Designs installation
• do not follow the Care Guide
This warranty is not transferable during the warranty period to any subsequent owner or occupant of the residence in which the surface product was originally installed.
The warranty does not apply where the defect is trivial or insubstantial and where the product is installed with known or visible manufacturing defects at time of installation, including but not limited to colour variance or flatness deviation beyond reason.
Any claim under the warranty will not be recognised or accepted, and the warranty does not apply if:
• the claim is not supported by proof of the purchase of the product from GFRC Designs within one (1) year
• the claim is not made within a reasonable period after the defect in the product would have become apparent to a reasonable person
• the product alleged to be defective is not made available for inspection and testing by GFRC Designs or its authorised representatives or consultants.
• if your bench tops Unique Control Sample* (kept on file with GFRC Designs) does not show the same issue, you will unlikely be covered under warranty, as this would be indicative of care and wear issues.
* on the day we mix and pour your concrete bench top, we also create a Unique Control Sample. This ensures we can, at any time, refer to your unique GFRC Designs product, view how it is ageing, witness any issues, etc. We may ask you to sign the back of this sample.
Concrete bench tops are poured in moulds, therefore when they are removed from the mould they will have some pinholes or bubbles along with other voids, "character markings", and discolourations. These may become more pronounced and increase in number as the bench top is polished. These holes will be filled, but with age some further pinholes may appear in the surface. These are not considered manufacturing defects; rather it is a reflection of the ongoing patina of the concrete product. Areas around voids and cutouts are a weak point and are susceptible to cracks. These are not manufacturing defects and due to the reinforcing used, these cracks are not-structural, but rather aesthetic and reflect the organic nature of the concrete.